Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion Night Out in New York City was AMAZING!

It Girl Fam,

Fashion Night Out did not disappoint. OMG!!! My partner-in-crime for the evening was none other than Errol Dunlap. He's not only a great friend, but also a very talented fashion photog.

There were entirely too many choices. With only 3 hours and almost 900 participating venues, we had to pick and choose. Our strategy was to maximize the experience by selecting no more than 3 major geographies. We picked Midtown and SOHO. Wanted to hit Brooklyn, but simply ran out of time. We made it to Macy's Herald Square, Nine West at Rockefeller Center,Saks Fifth AvenueFamous Footwear on 34th Street, and Camper in SOHO.

It was a fun-filled journey with several celebrity sightings, live music, very cool engagement activities, and some surprises. We had a blast!!  The energy was palpable at each venue and in the streets.  We also met many incredible people along the way. Oh, and the fashion was awesome too. :-)

The pictures say more than I ever could.

Enjoy!

Tamika
itgirlrules.com

With fashion photographer Errol Dunlap 
in front of Macy's red carpet


I kept my FNO ensemble very simple, but comfortable & chic.
Dress-BCBG, Bag - Big Buddha, Necklace-Cuvvet
Watch - Michael Kors, Ring - David Yurman, Sandals - Union Bay
Let's GO!


Stylist, Author, & TV Personality Clinton Kelly 
He co-hosts one of my favorite shows, What Not To Wear.


With the lovely ladies of Benefit Cosmetics outside of Macy's.  
I need one of those pink jackets. Ha!


The Benefit counter inside Macy's was super busy. 
They were doing make-overs for attendees.


With DJ Danny Elstrella at Macy's.
You know I love good music. He was great!


A quick stop at Famous Footwear!


No, they didn't!! Oh, Yes...they did. 
Nine West at Rockefeller Center set their FNO off with a marching band.  
I was blown away!!!


 Get it girls!!!


You'll notice that they are all wearing the same shirts. 
Proceeds from Nine West's sales benefit this worthy cause.  Nice!


One of the drummers blessed me with a photo opp.


The music didn't stop in the streets, 
Nine West also had a DJ 'doing it' inside as well.


Oh, but wait...there's more. 
Fashion photographer & former America's Next Top Model judge, 
Nigel Barker, was in the house. 
He also brought his lovely wife, Cristen Barker. 


Nigel is super sweet...really approachable.
 He was a joy to meet.


Next up, Saks Fifth Avenue...and Amar'e Stoudemire?
No, he's not launching a clothing line. 
Amar'e was actually signing his new book,

The crowd waiting for Amar'e's signing was crazy!


I thought Amar'e was enough, but 
Saks took it to the next level with the Blue Man Group.
(Did you know that some of the Blue Men were black? 
See dude on the right. LOL!)


I love all types of art, but I've never seen such intricate carving work. 
Diem Chau is a master at her craft and works with a number of mediums
...including crayons. Her work is dope!


The #SaksFNO Instagram Wall
They literally printed & posted pics on this wall
...and on their Instagram webpage.


Had to show the manikins some love.  :-)



 Moving on...to the henna tattoos and manicures. 

Saks' engagement activities were impressive. 
There was a pleasant surprise on every floor!



Just a few blocks south of Saks, we run across a troupe of beautiful 
models on 5th Ave. They were adorned in bright colors and stood 
in perfect order to give a rainbow effect. Cute! We learned that up 
& coming designer, Keo, decided to take FNO to the streets 
to debut her new line and made 5th Avenue her runway. 
I'm not mad at the rogue approach nor the ingenuity! 


SOHO!!


You never know who you'll see in NYC. 
Yes, folks. That's comedian & actor, Adam Sandler
He seemed a bit tired & I doubt that he was in SOHO for FNO,
but Adam was nice enough to stop & take a photo with me. 


Kip Blake of Honor Roll Society on my left. 
Tariq & Cameron of NYC Legacy on my right.  

New friends Kip, Kim, & Carolyn!


###

To stay connected & receive real time updates, you can subscribe to my blog at the top/right of this page





ⓒ It Girl Industries 2012

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for a true walk through of the event. I feel like I was there. I wish I was.

    ReplyDelete