Sunday, October 28, 2012

Curly Nikki Chicago Meet-Up

It Girl Fam,

About a week ago, I had the pleasure of attending a CurlyNikki Meet-Up at Japonais Restaurant and Lounge in Chicago.  If you are a woman of color with natural hair or are transitioning, then you probably already know that Curly Nikki is a beautiful blogger that promotes natural hair and provides practical advice on how to maintain it. 

I could barely get into the foyer because it was so packed with local hair-nistas from relaxed to natural and everything in between.  Once inside, I was immediately greeted with passed horderves. The timing was perfect, because I walked in there a little hungry. ☺

I was delayed and missed the formal presentation from Curly Nikki but I did secure a gift bag with Motions new line of natural hair products appropriately named NaturallyYou! and a package of Strawllers.  As a community, we have a healthy appetite for credible and practical information as well as products that actually work for our hair.  This Motions sponsored event answered all of the above. 

One of my blog subscribers will be chosen to win my new box of Strawllers.  For very obvious reasons, I cannot use them but I’m happy to re-gift it.  If you’re interested in being chosen, you must SUBSCRIBE by EMAIL (top/right of this page) no later than midnight on November 1, 2012, have a US mailing address, AND comment on this blog post about your natural hair experience.

Below are the pix from the event.

Enjoy!


(Why am I cheesing so hard...hmmm...)


Marc Wells, Founder of Strawllers


Ms. curlBOX aka Myleik...
Have known each other over a year, but finally met in person. 









Rachel O wears many hats. 
One of them is the founder of the Chicago Natural Beauties Meetup.


New friend Dominique Covington of Skin Deep Natural BodyCare


Event Planner Anika Kai


Crowd on the lower-level of Japonais


Treats in my gift bag
Package of Strawllers, Motions Naturally You! Smoothing Conditioner and Deep Conditioning Masque




To stay connected & receive real time updates, you can subscribe to my blog at the top/right of this page

© It Girl Industries 2012

3 comments:

  1. I love natural hair meet-ups. It is great to get practical new ideas and tips and tricks to get the most from natural hair. Nikki does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome write up! You're gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete