Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grand opening event of the City Target in Chicago

It Girl Fam,

Last night, I attended the grand opening of the nation's first City Target store in downtown Chicago.  The other two City Target stores are located in Los Angeles and Seattle.  And more will be opening within the next 2 years.

True to it's name, City Target, it definitely has a neighborhood feel.  Unlike the regular Target or Super-Target concepts, it's more of a place where you can shop, sip, eat, and crack open your laptop if necessary because they have wifi. There's a Pret A Manger Cafe at City Target and yes, they also have a liquor license.  

I was so caught up in the evening festivities that I almost overlooked the cool merchandise. I especially liked the Chicago-neighborhood branded swag.  I'm sure tourists and natives alike would buy them.  I, personally, had an eye on one of the baby tees. :-)

Below are some pictures of the different engagement activities during the event.  Enjoy!

Tamika
itgirlrules.com

Met Bullseye, Target's mascot
(I'm not an employee, but I tried to represent in my red & white)


With fashion/lifestyle bloggers, The Sassy Peach and Afrobella
and my friend, Ariyana Monique from Target's corporate headquarters



She cycled during the entire event to display 
the rotating City Target sign on the right of the unicycle.
It was pretty cool.


Local bucket drummers getting it in!


Local artist, Rahmaan Statik Barnes, painting a City Target mural


Another view of his mural


The lovely Laverne Knighton, from Target's community relations 


Loved DJ Megan Taylor! She did her thing. :-)
Note the City Target artwork in front of the DJ booth



Even the napkins were branded. :-)

ⓒ It Girl Industries 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment